A SMARTER WAY TO INVEST.
BTB Mortgage Investment Corporation ("MIC") is an investment in cash flowing mortgage lending focused in Western Canada, launched in 2015. A MIC pays no corporate tax and acts as a flow thorough entity, paying taxable income though dividend distributions to investors. Taxation of dividends to our shareholders are treated as interest income.
Our focus is primarily in residential mortgages on the west coast of British Colombia. These mortgages are asset-backed, meaning the loan is secured against the property, giving investors stability and peace of mind.
Borrowers are home owners or home purchasers who require short term funds and often do not fit with conventional bank underwriting. Equity in each borrower’s home is what protects the fund’s capital as target loan to value is 70%, leaving 30% equity to protect BTB in the event of borrower default.
Monthly distributions paid at a 5.5% yield, with a 13th top up dividend after audited year end, consisting of an aggregated annualized target rate of 7%.
& Asset Backed
Equity in each borrower’s home is what protects the fund’s capital as target loan to value is 70%, leaving 30% to protect BTB in the event of default.
The fund will primarily invest in residential mortgages in major urban areas in Western Canada such as Greater Vancouver, Greater Edmonton and Calgary.
BTB MIC's management team has been in the private lending space for over 20 years. The team has diverse backgrounds in real estate management and lending. BTB is a vehicle in which the management team can utilize their individual skills to maximize returns for the team, its friends, family, and other investors.
Assets Under Management
A leader in residential and commercial real estate acquisitions and lending solutions across western Canada for the past 20 plus years.Steve lives in Abbotsford on a vineyard with his wife Tanis and four sons. He is a seasoned aviator and has a love of making wine.
TARGETED ANNUALIZED RETURN
Monthly distributions paid at 5.5% yield, with a 13th top up dividend after audited year end, to arrive at our target rate of 7%.
Returns are not guaranteed by BTB MIC.
1. Asset Backed - Secured Real Estate Investment
2. Consistent Yields
3. Cash Flowing - Monthly Income
4. Diversified, Conservative Portfolio
5. Low Volatility & Risk Mitigation
$10,000 Minimum Investment
1.5% Management Fee per Annum (AUM)
Registered Account Eligible (RRSP, RRIF, RESP, LIRA, and TFSA)
Monthly Redemption Available (conditions may apply)
Taxed as Interest Income (T5 Tax Slips Provided to Investors)
BTB MIC handles the entire mortgage process from origination to underwriting and mortgage management.
We follow two sets of conditions. Firstly the conditions set by the Tax Act that enables BTB MIC to qualify as a Mortgage Investment Corporation and secondly, the firm has set its own market specific underwriting criteria to ensure a prudent approach that achieves preservation of investor capital.
The fund has established certain policies respecting how it can advance mortgages; which include, but are not limited to, the following:
The fund will primarily invest in residential mortgages in major urban areas in Western Canada such as Greater Vancouver, Greater Edmonton and Calgary
Target 1st position mortgages of 50% of fund
Average term to maturity of mortgages in the portfolio will not exceed 24 months
Target weighted average loan-to-value of the portfolio is 70%
HOW TO INVEST?
BTB MIC requires retail investors to invest through an approved Investment Dealer or Exempt Market Dealer (EMD). Dealer representatives assist in completing the subscription agreements and discuss the suitability of BTB MIC for each investor’s overall portfolio.
BTB MIC accepts new investors monthly (12 share issuances per year). Open (cash) investors simply complete the Subscription Agreement after reviewing the most recent Offering Memorandum. Registered investors have a few extra steps as funds must come via custodian / trust companies.